Footwear Design / Product Development APPLY NOW
At Brunch, we are building a community around a lifestyle of leisure and relaxation; Like those Sundays when you walk down the street to your favorite brunch spot to be stress-free with your favorite friends. Through meaningful campaigns, amazing stories, high-quality content and offline events, we have brought our customers a product that is cozy, convenient and that brings the carefree mindset we wish we were always in.
We are looking for a Footwear Designer / Product Developer to oversee daily activities across design and product development. Responsibilities include compiling tech packs, researching best-in-class materials, communicating with factories and coordinating all activities around the build of new products.
We are looking for individuals that want to be a part of a lean, entrepreneurial and fast-pace team, but also want to kick it once the day ends. We are looking to build a family that will continue to create emotional connections with each other and with the brand.
- Onboard to the Brunch Culture & Brand Identity to ensure proper education, and best care practices across design and product development
- Manage day to day operations in design and product development
- Constantly research and identify innovations in footwear related to comfort, sustainability and trend
- Present market trends that influence upcoming collections, helping facilitate the efficient flow of ideas
- Explore/design/prototype new styles, materials, and colors to provide a range of concepts that are on brand
- Lead the design & development of key accessories that help roundout the lifestyle of a collection
- Source & manage freelance designers to assist with style creation for footwear, accessories and apparel
- Build out and maintain a structured and organized system for building new products and communicating efficiently with factories. Includes: Tech pack creation, Material sourcing direction + requests, Color development, Sample Feedback and Order submissions
- Source new factories to help with development of new styles
- Communicate daily with all vendors regarding each phase of product development and production – from research to cost engineering to adhering to all deadlines
- Incorporate a level of sustainability into all products
- Bachelor's degree in a business or related field
- Experienced (4+ years) leader; preferably has operated in an early stage, entrepreneurial company and has experience working for a direct to consumer brand
- Experience (4+ years) in footwear design
- Experience managing freelance designers & vendors
- Familiarity with all business functions including design, development, material sourcing
- Based in New York with the ability to travel
- Experience communicating directly with factories, checking quality + make of samples
- Innovative, team-player with proven success in a constantly evolving environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Ability to flex between micro and macro level thinking and work with all levels of management
- A communicative leader. Able to develop and maintain effective relationships and partnerships both cross-functionally within the business and with external partners
- Exceptionally organized. Able to multitask and prioritize, highly detail-oriented with exceptional follow-through
- Must have exceptional computer skills (MS Office, Excel)
- Collaborator who values integrity, innovation, respect and excellence.
|||New York, NY|||Product||||||Ear-t7nFWpEap5AN|||PART_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false